Comfort Food Side Dishes
Two classic sides now come with a twist that's sure to leave every one of your party guests asking for the recipe for themselves.
-1/2 cup butter
-2/3 cup white sugar
-1 cup uncondensed coconut milk
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 cup cornmeal
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1 tsp salt
-5 jalapeños chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Grease a 8-inch square pan
3. Melt butter in a large skillet. Once melted, remove from heat.
4. Stir in sugar and eggs. Whisk until well blended.
5. In a separate bowl, combine baking soda and coconut milk, then into pan.
6. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until smooth, then pour batter into pan.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
Fried Macaroni Balls
-4 cups of leftover mac & cheese
-1.5 cups of italian breadcrumbs
-1 tbsp milk
1. Leave leftovers in fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
2. Shape leftovers into meatball-siezed balls and then put them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Put cooker sheet in freezer overnight.
4. On the next day, whisk together eggs and milk in a bowl and put breadcrumbs in another bowl.
5. Dip the mac & cheese balls first in the egg wash and then into the bread crumbs. Then place the balls back on the cookie sheet and return them to the freezer for 1-2 hours.
6. Fill a small saucepan with the oil and heat the oil up to 350 degrees F.
7. Gently place balls into oil and fry until golden brown, approximately 1-2 minutes.
8. Remove and set on a paper towel-lined plate and serve while hot.